first 5k done

I finished the 5K on St. Patrick's Day on Saturday. It was an extremely warm day, but it was better than cold and rainy. I finished with a time of 37:08. I should have been under 37 minutes, but they didn't have a timing pad at the start and we took our sweet time getting across the line to let the crowd thin out a little bit.

I don't think I trained enough for distance in the month leading up to it. I definitely need to concentrate on running longer distances between now and the next race. Ideally, I'd like to trim 2 minutes off my time and come in under 35 minutes next time.

Next race: Bash the Bluffs 5K. The hills should provide more of a challenge than the road race downtown, but I need to do more hills for the ascent anyway.

1 comments:

NickS said...

Hey man, nice work!
I've been trying to get into better shape the past few months. But sickness and excessive work have prevented me from exercising the past 2-3 weeks. So I hauled off with 4 miles on Saturday. Not having done anything in a few weeks, 45 minutes seemed pretty generous. Don't think I'm ready for a real race yet however. Props man. ive enjoyed reading your progress.