alex hoag run for sunshine

Fast forward another month and it was time for another 5k.  Can you see a pattern here?  I'm trying to run at least one a month leading up to the ascent.  It helps to keep me on task instead of losing focus during the months between registration and the actual race.  This race was a bit more flat than the race at UCCS.  I had just gotten back from Vegas the week prior where I had done some not so kind things to my body (who needs sleep?), but was finally feeling back to 100% when May 12th rolled around.  It was much warmer than last month's race.  Temps were mid 60s at 8:30 when the race started.  The course started at the entry to Skysox Stadium and headed south down Tutt Blvd.  We crossed over N. Carefree, past Springs Ranch GC, and made the turn right around where Staples is.  We headed back up Tutt to the stadium and entered the stadium on the first base foul line, ran around the warning track and finished in front of the third base dugout.  That was a cool little touch.  I crossed with a time of 37:13.  No hills makes a big difference.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I'm just getting around to reading your blog and noticed - no mention of my pesting you during a few 5Ks. I thought I was a little bit of motivation during this one.

jay said...

Yea yea.. so you kicked me into gear a few times during those races. Thanks