GOG10M dry run

Ran the whole GOG10M course today.  Got to Memorial Park in Manitou a few minutes before 7:00am and had to play catchup as the group split before I was ready to go.  Felt pretty good for the first 5 miles.  I started feeling some weirdness in my big toe on my right foot as I was making my way around the concrete loop in the middle of the Garden.  It went away pretty quickly and I started the long haul back out.  After making the turn to the north past Ridge Rd the long hill up to Garden Dr really took its toll on me and reduced my pace to a power walk.  The trip back out of the Garden to Manitou was pretty uneventful.  I need to save something for the climb up to Balanced Rock on the way out.  Finally got back to Memorial Park about 1:55 after I started.  Not blazing but I felt pretty good running most of the route and getting a feel for the whole course.

Ran 3 mi in Palmer Park on Thursday morning before work.

0 comments: