week recap

July 23 - Added some to the Indigo Joe's loop and got 4.85 mi in 1:08. Avg HR 148, Max 157.

July 25 - Did a short out and back after waking up from camping in Texas Creek. Avg HR 140, max 156

July 27 - Finally got around to doing a MAF test on the tready at the gym. Ended up warming up for almost two miles before settling in for a 3 mile test.
Lap 1: 12:25, avg hr 149
Lap 2: 13:04, avg hr 149
Lap 3: 13:31, avg hr 148

July 28 - got out of bed early and headed to Palmer Park planning on getting 6 mi. I was pleasantly surprised with how low my HR stayed compared to perceived effort. I really feel like things are starting to progress a little bit with respect to pace at lower HRs. Still really early yet.
5.75 mi covered in the 1:21 I spent moving around the park with an avg HR of 144, max 156. Really had to focus on shutting it down on the steeper climbs in the park after bumping off the HR alert. I was a little concerned that the HR strap battery was dying but it proved to be consistent throughout the run. I might just replace it for peace of mind.

0 comments: