st pats 5k

Ran the annual St Pats 5K in downtown COS on Saturday morning. I hadn't run two weeks prior to the race and my head wasn't really into it. Woke up to beautiful weather on Saturday morning and headed downtown. Hung out for about a half hour before the race start and then took a spot in the pack a little closer. I was still amazed by how many people I had to weave past in the first quarter mile that were at the front of the pack and walked right off the line. I left the watch at home and probably ran the first mile way too fast. As we made the turn to head back uphill I felt pretty good but once we past the park again, the wind came out of my sails. I talked myself out of slowing to a walk several times to get my HR down but managed to jog past the second mile marker. After I made the last turn and headed back to the finish line, it was a very slight downhill and I felt a little better. I managed to pick the pace back up and coasted to a 29:13. 6 seconds shy of a PR.

I really felt like I was making all the preparations to hit a big PR but all that slipped away over the past couple weeks with life getting in the way. Only two more months of school left!

0 comments: