still going...

Not quite the energizer bunny, but I'm still training and with just a hair over two weeks left before the Pikes Peak Ascent, I'm getting excited.

Let me get this thing caught up a little bit and go over what I've been up to over the last month.

A week after the Sailin' Shoes 10K, Josh and I started training on Barr Trail.  We decided that it was time to extend the runs/hikes a little bit so we decided to head up to Barr Camp and back.  Naturally, being the horse that he is Josh flew up in a couple minutes over 2 hours.  I kept a decent pace, tried to conserve the 32oz of water I had with me and got up in around 2:20 according to his watch.  Not bad, but I needed to find some time somewhere on that section to make my pace.  We came back down and we both felt that it was our longest trip yet.  We both got some good cramps on the 'Ws' past the incline bailout.  I took off running just to get it over with and Josh came down a couple minutes after me.  I think we made the roundtrip in around 4 hours.  It was extremely hot that day, too.  I think it was almost 90 by the time we got back to Manitou and well over that by the time we drove back into the Springs.

The following Wednesday, I headed off to Ouray, CO for an extended weekend of jeeping with my future in-laws and their Jeep club from NM.  It was nice to take a weekend off from the training.

0 comments: