wednesday aug 12

Rolled out of the rack at 10 after 5 this morning and noticed it was still REALLY dark outside. I took my sweet time getting ready and was worried that I might have to take a light with me when I finally got on the trails at Palmer Park. Luckily, when I got to the trailhead, the sun had moved close enough to the horizon that the trail was just visible enough.

I took the dog for a nice 4 mi jaunt in the park. The weather was perfect and I felt pretty good. I had the HR monitor on the entire time but I really think the battery is shot. It still provides a reading but unless my fitness has improved by leaps and bounds over the past couple weeks, I'm inclined to believe it's reading about 15 beats low.

Kept things pretty tame and let the effort run up on a couple of the longer hills.

I was looking at the pace chart yesterday on MC's site. After a quick review, I feel pretty good mentally about going sub 5 on Saturday. I can only hope that my legs and lungs cooperate. Going for a massage this afternoon and will be taking it easy until Saturday morning.

0 comments: