tuesday 2/15

Only managed 2.7 in Palmer Park with the dog. The real fun began when I got back to the parking lot and found my driver's side front window smashed out. Phenomenal! I had left the keys in the cupholder and stashed the keyless entry fob in my shorts and locked the door. The would-be thieves were obviously ruh-tards. After trying to pry at the trim at the back window and destroying it, they just decided to smash the front window. Once inside, they grabbed the car keys ( I assume the alarm was going off at this point and I don't believe the car will start unless the door was unlocked with the key or the keyless entry fob), my headlamp, work badges, and a baseball cap. Thankfully, they didn't bother to open the glove box as my wallet and cell phone were still in there when I got back.

I had to call my wife to bring a spare set of keys so I could drive home. The front door has already been re-keyed since they do have my house key as well. Now just have to get the car vacuumed out and the window and moulding fixed.

This all went down between 6:35 and 7:15 am in Lot 13 in Palmer Park. I'll start parking in one of the larger lots and running to the trail head from there I guess.

0 comments: