week in review 2/7 - 2/13

Took Monday and Tuesday off again due to the weather. It would be nice to have a treadmill on days like those but I can't see spending the kind of money needed to get a decent one.

Wednesday - heavily bundled up once again for 4.2 around the golf course

Friday - Weather was awesome. Met a work bud late in the afternoon and we tooled around Palmer Park for a bit. Glad I brought a head lamp. 2.7 miles.

Saturday - Pikes Peak Road Runners Winter Series III. While the weather was ok, the course conditions were not. The race goes from Baptist Rd up to Hwy 105 in Monument and back on the Santa Fe trail. The couple days of decent weather before was not enough to put a dent in the snow pack on the trail. By far the worst part was the first half mile where some snow had drifted and then was packed really unevenly making for some real tough footing. Further up the trail there were some spots of bare dirt and most of the snow pack was pretty soft and only about an inch deep. I ended up way too close to the front of the pack at the start because of the logistics of the start area but was quickly put back in my correct place once the gun went off. Felt decent for most of the run and was putting in a good effort. Despite the bad conditions I was able to clock a 50:43. Pretty happy churning out 5 miles in those conditions at that pace. Much better effort than the 4 miler 3 weeks prior.

Sunday - I had planned to get out first thing in the morning for a 10ish mile run, but some folks were coming down from Breck to check out my Jeep. Once they split, we had plans for lunch at Jose Muldoon's so my run got pushed way back into the late afternoon. I destroyed a big burrito at lunch and it proved a bad idea immediately when I started my run. The plan was to run from my house to my parent's house where steak and lobster tails would await my arrival. I ran on a mix of sidewalks, dirt and asphalt (mostly sidewalks) to get there. Once the burrito started settling I found a nice groove and neg split for the last 4.5 miles. The steak and lobster tail was worth it.

Decent week - 21 miles, 4:24 total time.

0 comments: