i suck at blogging

I keep meaning to post something here and there but never get around to it.  A lot has changed since I last posted here.  We are now residents of Castle Rock, which is awesome.  I work in the Littleton area, which affords me a nice view and occasional trips to run around on the foothills in Deer Creek Canyon Park before work.  My wife and I are expecting another kid in October and I'm feeling decent about Pikes in a few weeks.

I've hiked/jogged on far more 14ers this summer than I have in summers past.  I've knocked out 3/4 of the Decalibron on an outing in late June.  Followed that up with a run up to Barr Camp and back.  Two weeks ago, I tagged the summit of Grays, but skipped Torreys due to lack of time.  Yesterday, I went up Bierstadt at a fairly encouraging pace.  I'll probably focus the next couple of weekends down on the Peak. 

In other news, I'm going into the race the lightest I've ever been going into Pikes.  Thanks in part to a Whole 30 which I'm on day 22 of today.  I was eating mostly Paleo leading up to starting the Whole 30 so I'm sure cutting out beer and cleaning things up is helping.  I have a bunch of leftover quality CO micros from my daughter's first birthday party, but they will have to wait for another couple weeks.

0 comments: