from couch to 5k

I started training for the St. Patrick's Day 5K today. Here is this training regimen that I talked about earlier.

Our beginner's running schedule has helped thousands of new runners get off the couch and onto the roads, running 3 miles in just two months.


Sweet! But I don't have two months. I've got less than one. I think I can hack it though. I might just do two days of the weekly workout and then move up to the next weeks schedule for two more workouts. It should be interesting.

Tonight I found a nice gravel/dirt track that is around some sort of drainage field in my neighborhood. It looks to be close to a 400m track. I'm gonna try to drive my Jeep around it to get an estimate. I completed the first workout that included a 5 minute brisk walk. It actually took me about 7 to get over there. I then ran 60 seconds and walked 90, rinsed, and repeated for 20 minutes. By the end, I was pulling Boomer, but he is still a pup.

I'll go do that again on Thursday evening.

0 comments: