monday 9/28

Still not 100% but feeling much better compared to last week. Whatever the hell it was that I had ran a strange course. Monday I left work early with some aches. Tuesday I felt better and was back at work but got worse as the day went on. Wednesday I didn't get out of bed and was achey all over and had a minor cough. Thursday I felt pretty good, still a little tired (Nyquil hangover), but I was able to work. Friday morning I woke up with itchy eyes and runny nose that progressively got worse and felt like the worst allergy attack I've ever had to deal with. Saturday was more of the same. Sunday I woke up and was able to breathe but it felt like any congestion had moved to my ears. Seems like a sinus infection at this point but who knows. If things get green, I'll hit the doc for some antibiotics and hopefully get it cleared up.

Now on to the good stuff. Sorta. I felt good enough to run early Monday. I grabbed the dog and set out for 6-ish miles. It wasn't long before my stomach decided 6 was not in the cards. I cut it short and got 3.75 in with a few walk breaks. Turned off the HR alert and just ran.

Got three weeks left until the 20K in NM. Hope I can stay healthy and the weather cooperates so I can get some miles in. Taper, schmaper.

0 comments: