sunday 8/1

Hit Memorial Park at around 6:30 and was on the PPA course by 6:45. Never felt like I was moving very quick at all but was hitting splits for a sub 5 hr ascent. Took it fairly easy between No Name and the 7.8 sign, but by the time I hit the foot bridge to make the last climb to Barr Camp, I was in a bad way. Calves and hamstrings just felt real tight. I finally hit camp in 2:35 after crawling the last half mile. Drank some Gatorade and started back down. Legs just felt stiff and sore for the most part. I jogged a few stretches but never could get comfortable. Just past the top of the Incline, Bucky came down behind me and we jogged down for a while and chatted. About halfway down the W's, we both decided we'd had enough and walked the entire way back to memorial park. Will be in NM next weekend but I may try to get to BC the last weekend before the Ascent.

0 comments: