whole 30 wrap-up

I made it 29 and a half days.  I drank two beers last night with my steak and asparagus as we had some friends from out of town over for dinner.

Overall it was a pretty big success as my weight went from 197 to 184 in the 30 days.  Since I had been eating mostly primal leading up to the Whole 30, I didn't have a ton of cravings to get over for crappy food.  Eating out on Whole 30 is a big pain the ass, but I managed a few times at Ted's Montana Grill and Chipotle/Qdoba, but even then I was constantly worried about getting some type of veggie or soybean oil somewhere on my plate.

I probably flirted with "sex with your pants on" which is how Whole 30 refers to adapting junk foods to fit within the guidelines.  I fueled a few 14er hikes with "Lara Balls" which are just dates, nuts, and coconut shredded in the food processor and formed into balls.  Addictive little nuggets for sure.

I don't really miss dairy save for some heavy cream in my coffee but even that seemed to taint the cup of black java that I have grown accustomed to over the past month.  The only thing I really missed was beer and I would ideally like to keep that to a minimum for the next 10 days.  I may be able to crack into the 170s before Pikes but if it doesn't happen before then, it will after. 

0 comments: