friday 7/23

Counter clockwise loop around the golf course again this morning. 4 mi in a casual 46 minutes.

Gonna go check out Blodgett Peak in the morning. 5.5 mi round trip with 2400' gain! Climbing the southeast ridge of Mt. Elbert on Sunday with 5300' and plenty of time above 13k feet.

Breaking news: Leashes only work when you actually hook them up to your dog.

As I rounded a corner this morning some lady had a leash in her hand and a dog walking next to her. Unhooked. Her dog was quite interested in Boomer and as I tried to cross the street, her dog continued to follow. I stopped and she just kinda stared like I should do something about it. I turned and ran back to the curb with her dog in tow and tried several times to continue on my way but her dog kept following... into freaking traffic. She chased the dog in circles around me 3 or 4 times before her mutt finally realized that it was in trouble and stopped. Awesome!

0 comments: