and so it goes...

After racking up ungodly amounts of miles from Oct - Dec (9.6 mi in total), I've found a little motivation to fix that. I don't really have any firm plans for anything but the lack of movement got old. There comes a time when the excuses just really have to stop and foot has to meet pavement. I'm REAL good at excuses. In this week where we've probably had the coldest temps of the winter, I got REAL good at not making them.

I ran with the IC for the second time this season on the day after New Years. It was cold, but I was there. Last Saturday was the kickoff of the PPRR Winter Series. My fitness, or lack thereof, kicked me in the junk. So after attending a christening and grabbing some breakfast on Sunday morning, I headed out into the first flurries for a 4 miler. Monday brought cold temps and more snow, so I worked at home. Around 11am, I cobbled together enough warm clothes and set out for 3+ miles. Tuesday, I was back at the office and then had another meeting after work. As soon as I got home, I threw on layers and headed out into the darkness. Three more miles. Rinse and repeat the scenario for Wednesday night. This morning I was up and out the door before sunrise.

I can feel that I've run for six days straight but it's not that bad. All the miles have been super slow due to conditions and that's just fine at this point. Looking forward to some warmer miles over the weekend.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

About time you updated this thing. Tell Michelle that Diane and I said 'Nice Work', and let us know if we can help with anything. If you head to IC this Sunday, IM me and maybe I'll show up.

Buck