jan 22

Rolled out of bed around 8 and headed down to El Pomar Park for the second installment of the PPRR Winter Series. Ended up getting there about 50 minutes before start. After rego'ing and getting a number I sat back in the car for a few minutes. I went to fire up my watch only to find it wouldn't power up. I remembered seeing the display indicating that it was fully charged before I had left the house. Damn... guess I'll have to take it back to Costco. I tinkered with the idea of carrying my phone but the GPS numbers are way unreliable on known courses around here that I figured I'd be fine without.

Ate a gel a few minutes before start. Felt good heading out for the first mile, but the second going north really left us hanging in the wind. Once I made the turn, I felt pretty good with the aid of the wind at my back. I didn't have much left in the tank during the final mile and coasted home. Apparently shortly before I finished, the clock had been blown off it's stand so I had no clue what my time was. The website was updated later to show 40:22 for the 4 mile race. Decent considering I've only been putting in miles for a couple weeks.

When I came back home I futzed around with my Garmin 305 for a few minutes and found the reset process on the Garmin FAQ page. Holding mode + reset for 10 seconds and then powering the unit on worked like a charm and all is well with my watch again.

Link to Garmin support: https://buy.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={c61aad70-03c5-11dc-786a-000000000000}

0 comments: