run in the park

I had talked to CBB on Thursday about running with the Incline Club on Sunday for their long run.  They were heading up Barr Trail to Barr Camp and back.  I'm nowhere near ready for that, but I was planning to at least get to No Name and turn around.  As luck would have it, we partied a little too hard last night and I was in no shape to get out of bed at 6:30 this morning to make it to Manitou by 8am.

I finally got moving around 10:30 this morning and decided that I felt good enough to take Boomer to Palmer Park and run there.  The weather was awesome again today so I through on some shorts and a t-shirt and headed over.  The trails were again pretty sloppy in spots but there wasn't much standing water on the trail.  Not sure how many miles we covered but we were in the park for well over an hour.  I walked the last 3/4 of a mile back to the parking lot as the lack of hydration from the previous night's debauchery was catching up with me.  Still I was glad that I was able to get out and do something which is certainly not the norm after a solid night of drinking.  I'd guess that I got in about 4 miles of running/hiking this morning.

Hope I can get on the treadmill a couple times this week and go lift at least once before leaving for England on Saturday.

0 comments: