back on templeton

I decided to head back out to Palmer Park again last night and see if I could make the entire loop around the north end of the park on the Templeton Trail.  Started at the same trailhead and went left at the merge for Templeton to head north along the ridge.  Once around the ridge on the Union Blvd side of the parkit got real cold and the morning snow hadn't melted off.  Glad I brought my gloves.  Made it around to the end of the mesa and lost my way.  Finally took a random spur and ended up back on Templeton on the other side of the parking lot and made the rest of the loop around to North Canyon.

Trail maps on PPRR say it's 4.3 mi.  I'll call it 4 since I cut out a bit coming in on one side and exiting the other side of the canyon.

Going to do the entire loop on Saturday morning again and maybe some additional.  Feel free to ask me how to donate to my Garmin Forerunner 405 fund so I can figure out just how far I am running. :)

3 comments:

Scott said...

Oooh the Garmin Forerunner 405, now there's something to get excited about! Do you know if there's an official release date yet? The Garmin Web site only mentioned "Spring 2008". The Leopard operating system on the Mac was supposed to come out in "Spring 08" and never materialized until Autumn 08! I hope we don't have to wait too long!

CBB said...

Forerunner 405 Fund ? You are getting serious about this stuff. I've been leaving hints for the last couple of years about a 305, and I still get underwear for XMAS. Good luck with that.

jay said...

A guy can dream right?