templeton trail

Pulled up the Palmer Park trail maps online today to search out a new run.  Settled on the Templeton trail and headed over about 4pm with the dog in tow.  I left the North Canyon trailhead and started out on Edna Mae Bennett trail and quickly merged onto Templeton.  Some technical and rocky switchbacks lead up to the top of the canyon.  As I neared the top of the ridge, there was a spur that I jumped on and it lead me to the mesa.  I ran the length of the mesa and back to the spur and continued on the Templeton trail.  I made my way around the top edge of the canyon until I found the EMB trail again and took that back to the trailhead.

I was hoping to make it all the way around on Templeton, but the impromptu trip out on the mesa made that unneccessary.  I'm going to hit that up later this week or this weekend for sure.

I was all kinds of antsy to get out and run at work today so hopefully the jet lag is finally wearing off.  I talked to a co-worker on the trip with me and he said I wasn't alone feeling a little ragged.  It was both of our first trips across the pond and neither of us knew what was in store when we got back home.

4 miles; 1 hour.

0 comments: