days like today

... are what make living here absolutely amazing.  We headed out to run Templeton yet again today and got to the trailhead a few minutes after 9am.  It was easily already 50 something degrees and no wind.  The trails were packed with people and dogs, but it was a perfect day for a run.  Josh had his Forerunner 201 on so I got an accurate measure of the trail distance.  It's only 3.75mi not the 4.1 according to PPRR.

Shin splints are still bothering me a bit.  I'm sure I upped the mileage way too much this week but it's not too bad.  I've been icing them and eating ibuprofen.  It never bothers me when I run but I can usually feel it for a couple days afterward.  I'm planning on getting most of my work on the bike next week and let the shins rest a bit.

Speaking of the bike, I decided to ride the 2.5mi one-way to the gym last night to get in a workout.  You never notice the hills until you're running or cycling.  Of course, its mostly downhill on the way to the gym and uphill on the way back.  Nothing too terrible and makes for a nice workout.

0 comments: