palmer point loop

It finally warmed up yesterday afternoon and Josh and I headed out to Palmer Park with intentions of tackling the Palmer Point loop.  Once we found the trailhead, about a quarter mile away from the parking lot behind the stables, we headed out.  The trail is much smoother than the Templeton trail which follows the ridge above the Palmer trail.  I ran for maybe 5 or 6 minutes and was drenched in sweat and had to stop to remove my windbreaker.  We continued on around to Lazy Land and I was beat.  A full day of snowboarding on Saturday had pretty much trashed my calves and they didn't want to move me up the hills on Sunday.

We ended up at the parking lot at the top of the Mesa and found the Templeton trail and headed back to the trailhead.  We hit the cutoff for Edna Mae Bennett and Josh noted it was only 2.5 miles at that point.  Instead of continuing down, we stayed on Templeton and ran the rest of the way around the canyon and back around to the southwest edge of the ridge before doubling back on the spur down to the trailhead.  We ended up with 4.85 miles on the trail in about 1:18.  I did most of the stopping and slowing down.  It was a nice mix of terrain and a beautiful day to get out in the park.

0 comments: