race plans

Unlike others, I can't just train for one race until August.  I need some intermediate events to keep me motivated and set benchmarks. Here is what I've got planned between now and the end of the summer:

- 5K on St. Patrick's Day - A fun and fast 5K in downtown COS.  This will mark the one year anniversary of entering a race.  Looking forward to setting a new 5K PR.

- UCCS Bash the Bluffs (27 April)- Finally found some info on active.com.  They are offering a 5K, 10K and children's fun run this year.  New loop course this year.  Leaning towards the 10k.

- Take 5 in the Garden (3 May) - 5 miler in Garden of the Gods

-Garden of the Gods 10 Mile (8 Jun) - First leg of the TCR

- Summer Roundup Trail 12K (6 July) OR Barr Trail Mountain Race (13 July) - Will asses this as it gets closer.

After the early July races, I'll spend the rest of the weekends on the mountain, hopefully above tree line.

4 comments:

CBB said...

What, no Barr Trail Mountain Race ????? That's one of the best races for prepping for the Ascent. Plus McDermett and I need some new blood to drink a beer with afterwards.

jay said...

It's in there. On the last line. Still up in the air on leg 2 of the TCR or BTMR.

CBB said...

How about running the Slacker Half Marathon with me and the SO on June 28th? Goes from Loveland Ski area to Georgetown. Half dirt/half pavement. Tommyknocker beer at the end. Think about it.

jay said...

I'll think about it. That's only a week removed from our honeymoon. The format (downhill) greatly benefits my running style though!