yes i ran today and a crazy dream

Josh and I talked yesterday about heading into Palmer Park to run the Templeton loop at some point today.  The weather wasn't great this morning but there was no wind and it was hovering right around the freezing point.  Michelle and I headed out for breakfast and I planned to look Josh up after that.  It started drizzling at breakfast but I decided I'd still like to get a run in. (Michelle insists I plan to run on days like this to get people to question my sanity)  I called Josh and he decided to bail.  I went and scooped up the dog and decided that I would hop on the treadmill at my parents' house instead of getting out in this mess.  The dog gets to play with his sister over there anyway.  I warmed up with a brisk walk for 5 minutes and then cranked the incline to 10% and ran a mile at 3.7mph.  Not blazing by any stretch but it's a manageable pace on steep terrain.  I turned the incline down and finished up a very slow recovery run of just over 2 miles in a little over 30 minutes.

I woke up out of a wicked dream in bed this morning.  I remember running in the Pikes Peak Ascent and having the lungs to actually jog above treeline (I told you it was a dream).  I felt like I was making great time but there weren't any other runners anywhere near me.  I finally made it to the finish line and there were only a few people milling around.  Just like the St Pat's 5K race, the clock was missing.  I don't remember anything after that but I somehow found out that I had run the Ascent in a shade over 7 hours. WTF?!  That's a good half hour past the cutoff and over two hours longer than my goal!  When I finally got my wits about me after waking up, I realized it was only March and I had plenty of time to avoid something like that happening.

Already dreaming about the Ascent.... guess I got it on the brain.

0 comments: